Exercise can help us take better care of ourselves in other aspects of life. Louise O’Driscoll, Xen-Do’s affiliated Holistic Health Coach explains how.
When you work out regularly, the sense of increased well being and self esteem frequently lead to a greater inclination to eat well and avoid junk food or addictive substances such as alcohol. It can also help us to maintain a healthy level of self respect when it comes to work or personal relationships.
The social aspect of exercise should not be overlooked – whether it is team co-operation or friendly competition, many forms of exercise provide the opportunity to relax, have fun and make friends, to feel part of something – all of which are important for our psychological health.
Alongside your training at Xen-Do also consider:
– getting outside for some exercise – getting outside in nature provides certain benefits the dojo can’t
– Vitamin D, fresh air and a sense of our inbuilt spiritual connection to the earth can be invaluable for our health, particularly when it comes to staving off depression and anxiety.
– a yoga session can help hugely with stress and anxiety, in a completely different yet complimentary way to the intense workout kickboxing provides. Done regularly, it also carries of the bonus of noticeably improving your roundhouse kicks!
This article is based on opinion:
– the author is not a qualified doctor or anyone who can dispense medical advice.
– any opinions stated are just that and people should consult a doctor before making any dietary changes or changes of any nature prompted by the articles published by or on behalf of Xen-Do.
– under 16’s please obtain parental permission before posting anything online.
– any opinions stated are that of the author and do not represent the opinions of Xen-Do.