Reopening Frequently Asked Questions
Students should arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to class start in order to limit the number of people in the studio at any given time. If arriving earlier, you may be asked to wait outside until entrance into the dojo is permitted.
Yes but we encourage members to shower at home where possible as we limit the number of members allowed in the changing rooms at any one time;
Come to the dojo ready to train if possible. Bring your full training kit, a water bottle and your face mask (facemasks are mandatory).
Yes, but all group classes must be booked in advance so we can stick to our class capacity.
Classes will be the same except for a temporary 'no contact' policy. Your classes will consist of cardio, combinations, basics, form fighting, bag work, conditioning. Pad work will only be permitted with Senseis /members who will be fully protected.
Temporary new dojo etiquette:
1. Touchless temperature checks will be mandatory for everyone upon entry. You will kindly be asked to leave and speak to a doctor if your temperature is above 37º. If you do not feel well, or have been exposed to anyone who is ill, please do not come to the dojo.
2. Social distancing guidelines must always be followed. There are clear markings to follow throughout the dojo.
3. Face masks must be worn by ALL members and visitors while at the dojo. Xen-Do will not supply facemasks, so please come prepared.
4. Water fountain facilities will be temporarily closed.
5. Changing facilities will remain open, with a limited number of people at any one time. However, members are encouraged to come ready in kit where possible.
6. Senseis will be fully geared up with gloves, face masks and/or face shields.
7. There will be a temporary 'no contact' policy. Your classes will consist of cardio, combinations, basics, form fighting, bag work, conditioning. Pad work will only be permitted with Senseis and students who are fully protected.
No, only while we are under safety restrictions by government. We will continue with park training for the foreseeable future;
Students who are not ready to immediately return to the dojo should contact admin with their reservations to work out the best solution for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, while we have been closed all memberships have been frozen so to complete the minimum term you signed up for the same period will be added to the end of your contract.
Yes, in the same way as other memberships.
No, students who call the dojo within 8 hours of the class start time due to illness or possible exposure to COVID-19 can do so without losing the class. Standard late cancel policies will apply to students who do not alert their dojo.
Email admin and notify them of your position, there are various options we can offer to help you through a difficult time. (proof may be requested)
No, park training will continue alongside our dojos for those who wish to attend or are nervous about coming into the dojo.
No because if you are training solely in the park your dojo membership will still be frozen. However, please be aware that memberships reactivate on 1st August and to refreeze we need a minimum of 10 working days. If you are planning to ease yourself in with park training, please contact email@example.com.
If you buy a block of park training classes then wish to return to the dojo, we can credit the balance remaining to your dojo membership.
Yes, online training is purchased on a monthly basis and can be cancelled at any time but many of you have expressed a wish to keep online training running especially over the next few months while members are away vacationing or staycationing.