It probably won’t surprise you to find out that the Xen-Do system did not erupt from the Earth one day, fully formed and fully functioning, with its prolific techniques already honed to perfection and its instructors the ready-made kickboxing warriors that they are. To create the philosophy that is Xen-Do, the art that its techniques have evolved into and the martial arts cathedrals that are its dojos took many a long hour practicing, perfecting and redefining.
Rome wasn’t built in a day and martial arts styles aren’t born overnight.
Master Raf had this to say about the most recent footage:
“It is great to see the old team in action to remind everyone myself and everyone associated with Xen-Do what we have achieved and how far we have come. Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret to emerging victorious.
In 1989 I won the WAKO World Kickboxing Championships. Was I the most talented? Probably not. Was I the best kickboxer at the competition? Unlikely. Did I have the immovable desire to win and was I prepared to do everything to do so? You had better believe it! It is that mentality in which we have built Xen-Do and our instructors pass on to our students both in the dojo and in the rest of their lives. It is the ingredient that makes us such a great team.”
In this latest Xen-Do compilation video, we show you a taster of what it took for Master Raf and his team to grow as kickboxers and it gives us a flavour of how he took the dated concepts of martial arts and kickboxing and turned them into the engaging, state-of-the-art, all-encompassing self-defence system and spiritual discipline that Xen-Do has become today.
Keep a close eye and you will see Master Raf and Sensei Denise strutting their stuff in competition with the rest of their team. It is these precedents that has allowed Master Raf to mastermind Xen-Do tournament wins for the new crop of talent that are your current Senseis.
Enjoy the video! Ouss.
This article is based on opinion:
– any opinions stated are just that and people should consult a doctor before making any dietary changes or changes of any nature prompted by the articles published by or on behalf of Xen-Do.
– under 16’s please obtain parental permission before posting anything online.
- - the author is not a qualified doctor or anyone who can dispense medical advice.
- - any opinions stated are just that and people should consult a doctor before making any dietary changes or changes of any nature prompted by the articles published by or on behalf of Xen-Do.
- - under 16’s please obtain parental permission before posting anything online.
- - any opinions stated are that of the author and do not represent the opinions of Xen-Do.