15 of Xen-Do’s Favourite Martial Arts Quotes
1. “The easy road is not the one that will get you to the top of the mountain”
2. “Simplicity is the key to success”
3. “A brave man, a real fighter is not measured by how many times he falls, but how many times he stands up.” – Rickson Gracie
4. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
5. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can’t hit what the eyes can’t see.” – Muhammad Ali
6. “There are 3 rules in fighting:
– 1. Don’t get hit
– 2. Hit your opponent
– 3. Never break the first rule”
7. “Don’t start as a lion and finish as a mouse. Start as a mouse and finish as a lion.”
8. “There are only two kinds of techniques: techniques that work and techniques that don’t”
9. “Definition of LUCK: when opportunity meets preparation”
10. “Failure to prepare is preparing to fail”
11. “The simple answer is normally the right answer”
12. “The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat” – Richard Marcinko
13. “Train as you fight, fight as you train”
14. “Train correctly and let the score take care of itself”
15. “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
This article is based on opinion:
– the author is not a qualified doctor or anyone who can dispense medical advice.
– any opinions stated are just that and people should consult a doctor before making any dietary changes or changes of any nature prompted by the articles published by or on behalf of Xen-Do.
– under 16’s please obtain parental permission before posting anything online.
– any opinions stated are that of the author and do not represent the opinions of Xen-Do.